Native American Indian Navajo Bisbee Turquoise Sterling Silver Belt Buckle
Southwestern Native American old Indian Bisbee turquoise, Sterling silver stamped belt buckle, unmarked, but most likely Navajo. This outstanding piece showcases a bright blue turquoise stone in the center of the buckle and 4 smaller ones around it. The vibrant, sky-blue cabochons are set smooth bezels with nice stamp and file work all over. The face of the buckle is slightly convex, and the back is concave - not a flush, flat back. The edge of this buckle was beautifully cut in scallop and swirl shapes with raised corners. This belt buckle weighs almost 94.5 grams, and it. By 3 in height, at its tallest point. The swivel keeper is rigid, and it's just shy of 1 1/2 measured from the inside.
It is frozen in place but doesn't affect it's use. Maybe a spot or two of WD-40. Thank you for supporting authentic Native American art.
The item "Native American Indian Navajo Bisbee Turquoise Sterling Silver Belt Buckle" is in sale since Monday, November 5, 2018. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Cultures & Ethnicities\Native American\ US\1935-Now\Jewelry". The seller is "goesaround2014" and is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Provenance: Ownership History Not Available
- Artisan: Unsigned
- Tribal Affiliation: Most likely Navajo
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Origin: Southwestern Native American Indian
- Modified Item: No
- Jewelry Type: Belt Buckle
- Main Stone: Turquoise
- Ethnic Origin: Southwestern Native American Indian
- Metal: Sterling Silver
- Material: Sterling Silver, Stone, Turquoise
- Featured Refinements: Navajo Turquoise Sterling Silver Stamped Buckle